EUGENE, Ore. -- High pressure overhead which will bring sunshine and mild temperatures on Wednesday. Expect high temperatures to be in the upper 60s at the coast and middle to upper 70s inland. It is also expected be a little breezy this afternoon with gusts 30-35 mph at the coast and 20-25 mph in the inland valleys.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid 70s
Thursday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance showers in the PM. Snow level 8,000’. Highs near 70
Friday: Partly sunny w/ PM showers. Snow level 6,500’. Highs in mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ showers. Snow level 4,500’. Highs near 60
Sunday: Mostly sunny/ slight chance of showers. Snow level 5,000’. Highs near 60
Monday: Sunny. Highs near 60
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in low 60s
A cold front dropping south out of the Aleutians, will bring spotty showers and cooler temperatures to the area Wednesday night. This system will move across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday. The best chance for precipitation will be right along the edge of the front and along western facing terrain. Shower threat behind the front will be short lived, with drier conditions heading into Friday. This front will drop daytime, high temperatures on Friday to near 60.
Another trough coming out of Alaska, will arrive on Friday night, bringing even cooler temperatures and showery conditions into Saturday. Along with more moisture, high temperatures will continue to cool into the mid-50s and low 60s during the day and mid-40s overnight. This will allow snow levels to drop as low as 3,500 ft from Saturday night through Monday. The back side of the trough will bring the coldest air we have seen since last spring. Despite the cooler temperature, moisture will be limited. Accumulating snow is expected for Cascades down to the passes through Sunday. Accumulations will be light.
High pressure returns on Sunday afternoon into early next week, bringing a slightly warmer trend through midweek.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking weekend chance of rain and snow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking shower chances later this week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking rounds of rain through the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking showers, mountain snow, and cool temps for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking chance of precipitation on Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Increasing chance of Wednesday showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers, mountain snow and a chance of thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking several chances of rain in coming days