Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A weakening cold front over British Columbia is dropping southeast on Thursday morning and will bring clouds to the region, during the afternoon.
Thursday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance showers in the PM. Snow level 8,000’. Highs near 70
Friday: Partly sunny w/ PM showers. Snow level 6,500’. Highs in mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers and possible t-storms. Snow level 4,500’. Highs near 60
Sunday: Mostly sunny/ slight chance of showers. Snow level 4,000’. Highs in upper 50s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in upper 50s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in low 60s
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low 60s
This cold front could bring a few spotty showers with it. The best chances for showers will be mainly in Linn and Benton counties and northward. The weakening of the front will limit shower chances as it pushes southward.
Behind the front, the skies will clear and bring sunshine Friday morning, but a deep, upper level trough will move in Friday evening. This will bring showers and cooler temperatures. The trough will provide instability to the atmosphere, leading showers and possible thunderstorms Friday night into Saturday.
In addition to showers, cooler temperatures will lower snow levels to between 4,000 and 5,000 feet. This could bring the first accumulations of the season to the Cascade Passes, but luckily the roadway surfaces are still warm and should only see minimal travel impacts. Still, the roadways will be slick with some icy spots.
The cold, upper level trough that arrived on Friday will stick around Sunday into Monday. This means colder temperatures will remain, as well as a few showers. Sunshine will be more prominent Sunday afternoon and Monday, but with decreased cloud cover will come colder temperatures overnight. Expect lows in the 30s in the Valleys, which will likely lead to the first frost of the season. People with sensitive plants may want to cover them or bring them inside over the weekend.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking showers, mountain snow, and cool temps for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking rain and snow for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking weekend chance of rain and snow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers, mountain snow and a chance of thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain? Snow? Wet, cool weather on way
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking showers returning on Sunday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking shower chances later this week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures, showers in higher elevations