EUGENE, Ore. -- A cold front is digging southward through the region this Tuesday morning. This will bring cooler, unsettled weather during the afternoon, with more showers developing. Western portions of the Willamette Valley will likely see very little moisture.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with spotty showers. Highs in near 60s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in upper 50s and low 60s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in upper 50s and low 60s
Friday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in low to mid 60s
Sunday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance. Highs in low to mid 60s
Monday: Partly sunny. Highs in low to mid 60s
The snow level will also fall throughout Tuesday, and will be dropping to pass level by the afternoon. As low as 3,000 feet could some flakes, before showers move out tonight. Elevations above 5,000 ft will likely see between 2 and 5 inches. If you are planning a drive to Central Oregon tonight, prepare for winter weather, as there is a chance for icy conditions.
High pressure will build back into the Pacific Northwest on Wednesday. Despite the return of the sunshine, temperatures will remain rather cool. Highs on Wednesday will likely range from 50 to 60 degrees. Overall, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday look to be similar to what we saw last week, with cold nights, cool days, and sunny skies.
Wednesday through Friday will be drier, but will remain cool. Overnight lows will be at or near freezing. There is a freeze watch for the Umpqua Basin in preparation for the chill. Frost will be likely with cold nights this week. It is best to cover sensitive plants or bring them inside to protect them.
The next cold front will arrive this weekend. Models are still trying to work out the timing and strength of the front. Right now, it does look like highs will be around 60 degrees.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated showers and fall-like temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking shower chances later this week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Chilly temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Record low temperatures possible
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking a wet Wednesday