EUGENE, Ore. -- Tuesday morning, we are tracking mostly cloudy skies as a warm front passes to the north. This front could spark a few spotty showers, mainly to the north. Any shower that does form will be very light. We will see high pressure build back into the area on Tuesday afternoon, brining sunshine and high temperatures in the mid to upper 70s. Further south in Roseburg could even see 80 degrees.
Tuesday: Becoming sunny. Highs in mid to upper 70s
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid 70s
Thursday: Partly sunny w/ chance showers in the PM. Highs near 70
Friday: Mostly sunny w/ PM showers. Highs in mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ showers. Highs near 60
Sunday: Mostly sunny/ chance of showers. Highs near 60
Monday: Sunny. Highs near 60
Sunshine will continue on Wednesday with seasonable temperatures, but changes start to arrive Wednesday night into Thursday. This is as a weak, cold front drops down into the Pacific Northwest. The front should remain to the north along the Washington/Oregon border. Linn and Benton counties and northward will likely see a few showers as the front passes through the region. Lane County could also see a few showers.
More shower chances are expected through the weekend as a deep trough digs into the West Coast. This trough will bring another round of moisture with it starting Friday night into Saturday. This trough drops temperatures to the upper 50s and lows 60s with overnight lows in the low to mid 40s. These cooler temperatures will allow snow levels to drop to pass levels. Don't expect a ton of snow to accumalate on the roadway, but will could make things slick.
Models point to some drier weather on the backside of the trough. This will also be when the coolest temperatures we have seen since last spring will arrive. Areas above 4,000 feet will than likely experience temperatures below freezing from Saturday night through at least Monday. Even low elevations could see overnight temperatures drop into the 30s overnight, which could result in some of the first frosts of the season.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking a wet Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Another wet, cool day
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking the next cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold mornings, sunshine-filled afternoons
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking our next rainmaker this weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking rounds of rain through the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather