EUGENE, Ore. -- After a wet Sunday, more showers are on the way to start the week. This is due to an upper-level, low-pressure system over northwestern Washington. This system will bring periods of enhanced or heavier showers at times, mixed with periods of sunshine. The next such period of heavier showers is expected to be this afternoon. In addition to showers, there is a slight chance of thunderstorms embedded in the showers.
Monday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
Wednesday: AM Fog/PM Sun. Highs in upper 70s to low 80s
Thursday: AM Fog/PM Sun. Highs in low 80s
Friday: Mostly cloudy w/ slight chance. Highs in mid to upper 70s
Saturday: Mostly cloudy w/ PM spotty showers. Highs in mid to upper 70s
Sunday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in low to mid 70s
Rainfall totals on Monday will be similar to what we saw on Sunday, with 0.25” to 0.5” at the coast and in the valleys and 0.5” to 1” over the higher terrain of the Coast Range and the Cascades.
The upper-level low will drift more eastward on Tuesday. While this will still bring showers to the area, they will not be as intense as Sunday’s or Monday’s. Showers will decrease in the evening from northwest to southeast.
Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, fog is expected to develop with all the wet ground. Conditions will be primed for fog, especially along the coastal bays and river valleys as well as the interior valleys. Thermal ridge will build during the day on Wednesday, bringing drying conditions and clearing skies through Thursday.
Our next front arrives on Friday bringing back moisture to the region. Shower chances continue on Saturday, Sunday, and into next week. The amount of rain is still to be determined.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated showers and fall-like temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Chilly temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated rain and snow showers expected to continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures, showers in higher elevations
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Spring-like temperatures, sunshine continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Threat of showers and t-storms continues
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Record low temperatures possible
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures mild today
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Morning rain becoming isolated showers by the afternoon