Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- It was a frosty start on Monday morning with temperatures in the 30s and 40s. The coldest temperatures remained in Linn and Benton counties, where there was less cloud cover. Roseburg saw temperatures in the mid-40s, thanks to a blanket of clouds and some fog.
Monday: AM clouds/PM Sun. Highs in mid to upper 50s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 50s
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low 60s
Thursday: Partly sunny w/ slight chance showers. Snow level 5,500’. Highs low to mid 60s
Friday: Mostly sunny w/ slight chance showers. Snow level 5,000’. Highs in mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid to upper 60s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
Clouds will break up Monday afternoon, bringing sunshine along the coast and in the valleys. Temperatures will only be in the mid to upper 50s. Normal temperatures for this time of year are in the low 70s.
The Cascades will continue to see snow showers Monday afternoon, especially south of Santiam Pass, as an upper level low along OR/CA line begins to push away. It looks like there will be little to no accumulations on the pass roadways, but a trace to 2 inches are possible on grassy surfaces.
With clear skies Monday night, expect even colder temperatures heading into Tuesday morning due to the radiation cooling effect. Radiational cooling is optimized when skies are clear and heat is allowed to escape freely into the atmosphere. A layer of clouds, on the other hand, help to reflect some of the radiation back down to the surface, keeping temperatures a bit warmer. After a cold start on Tuesday, temperatures will rise into the upper 50s by the afternoon hours.
The next front will begin to push in on Wednesday, so expect increasing clouds throughout the day. Models show precipitation slowly progressing inland during the afternoon. Steadier showers will likely continue into Thursday morning and transition to more isolated shower by the afternoon. The heavier rainfall will be focused at the coast. Friday could see a few spotty showers in the morning, as high pressure starts to move in for the weekend.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Chilly temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated showers and fall-like temperatures continue
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Record low temperatures possible
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Chilly, dry night for trick-or-treaters
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat blast continues Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures