EUGENE, Ore. -- The rain continues to fall Wednesday morning as an upper-level low drives heavy showers and thunderstorms across the region.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers & t-storms. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
Thursday: Partly sunny. Highs in low 70s
Friday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in low 70s
Saturday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
Sunday: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated showers. Highs in upper 60s
First Day of Fall: Mostly sunny. Highs in upper 60s
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
Going into Wednesday, the month of September has already delivered 200-250% of normal rainfall with an additional 1 to 2 inches already having fallen in spots Wednesday morning.
Wednesday morning along the coast, thunderstorms lit up the sky. The threat of thunderstorms will move inland Wednesday afternoon as the upper-level low pushes off to the east. Wednesday night, showers will decrease as an upper-level ridge of high pressure slowly moves into the region.
The high pressure will keep us rather dry through the end of the week, but it will not keep the clouds away. Thursday will remain cloudy through the morning hours, but should clear some Thursday afternoon, with partly sunny skies.
An area of low pressure will overshoot the ridge of high pressure on Friday, bringing back clouds to the region, plus a chance for spotty showers in higher terrain. Any rain will be light and likely remain below 0.1 inch on Friday.
The ridge of high pressure will strengthen on Saturday, bringing drier weather and a greater chance of afternoon clearing. Inland temperatures will likely warm into the lower 70s. Saturday will be the nicest day of the weekend, before the next major system arrives on Sunday.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking shower chances later this week
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Thunderstorms possible on Thursday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking a wet Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect showers tomorrow
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: More showers arriving tonight
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine to follow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers to arrive Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers, mountain snow and a chance of thunderstorms