Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- There are few showers around the region on Friday morning, as the upper-level trough that brought us isolated showers last night begins to exit the region. Despite this, showers will still around into the early afternoon, before rather abruptly ending this evening, as high pressure begins to move into the region.
Friday: Partly sunny w/ chance showers. Snow level 5,500’. Highs in low to mid 60s
Saturday: AM fog, mostly sunny. Highs in mid to upper 60s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
Monday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy w/ chance showers. Highs in mid to upper 60s
Wednesday: Sunny. Highs in mid 60s
Thursday: Sunny. Highs in mid to upper 60s
This ridge of high pressure will bring in dry conditions on Saturday, though there will still likely be fog in the valleys during the morning hours.
Northerly winds on Saturday will induce the development of what is called a thermal trough over northern California and the southern Oregon coast. A thermal trough occurs when you have a lot warm air rising into the upper atmosphere, creating lower pressure near the ground. This happens a lot in the Desert Southwest.
When high pressure moves south out of Canada into the Rocky Mountains, the thermal trough is then pushed north in the Pacific Northwest. These thermal troughs are responsible for our heatwaves in the summer, as it gives us offshore winds, allowing for warmer inland temperatures to move in. In this case, the thermal trough will allow temperatures to return to the 70s on Sunday and Monday.
On Tuesday, our next front drops out of the north-northwest into the Pacific Northwest. The timing in the models is still not 100% worked out, with some saying Tuesday morning and others saying Tuesday night. Either way this does look like a rain maker.
After the front, high pressure returns, with drier weather and more sunshine expected on Wednesday and Thursday.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures ahead of cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking mild temperatures, showers in higher elevations
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures mild today
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold mornings, sunshine-filled afternoons
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunny & mild after holiday weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking spotty showers and cooler temperatures
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine to follow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine on the way