Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- It was another chilly start on Wednesday, with temperatures in the 30s and 40s after a relatively clear night. But changes are on the way over the next 24 hours.
Wednesday: Increasing clouds. Highs in low 60s
Thursday: Mostly cloudy w/ chance showers. Snow level 5,500’. Highs in low to mid 60s
Friday: Partly sunny w/ chance showers. Snow level 5,000’. Highs in low to mid 60s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in mid to upper 60s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in upper 60s to low 70s
Monday: Partly sunny. Highs in low to mid 70s
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy w/ chance showers. Highs in low to mid 60s
Sunshine will be with us to start out Wednesday as a cold front sits on our door step just off the coast. Clouds will gradually increase across the region throughout the day. The front will arrive at the coast between 4 and 6 p.m. As the front arrives, it will begin to weaken. With that said, most areas will only see 0.10 to 0.25 inches of rain inland and 0.25 to 0.5 at the coast.
Behind the front, showers will continue on Thursday as an upper-level trough digs into the Pacific Northwest. It looks like there will be enough instability to spark one or two thunderstorms on Thursday. Thunderstorm chances will likely be along the coast in the morning and inland during the afternoon. Snow levels will be between 4,500 feet and 5,500 feet, with 1 to 2 inches of new snow expected.
Showers will remain in place on Friday but will not be as widespread as we will see on Thursday. During Friday night, shower chances will drop off, as high pressure builds into the Pacific Northwest. This will allow for more sunshine and milder temperatures for the weekend. On Sunday and Monday, inland high temperatures will likely hit 70 degrees.
Monday night our next system will arrive, as an upper-level trough digs out of the Gulf of Alaska. This will likely bring shower chances on Tuesday.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: More showers arriving tonight
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers to arrive Friday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers return tonight
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine to follow showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect showers tomorrow
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Showers sticking around
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Steady rain to arrive Wednesday afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Record low temperatures possible tonight
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Increasing chance of Wednesday showers
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Isolated showers and fall-like temperatures continue