EUGENE, Ore. -- After a dry start to the week, rain will return on Thursday.
A cold front will push ashore around noon and then move inland, bringing showers and mountain snow. This front will not be a major rain-maker as the coast will see 0.1 to 0.25 inches of rain, while the interior valleys will be closer to a tenth of an inch.
Thursday: Afternoon showers. Snow level 3,500 ft, rising to 4,500 ft. Highs in upper 40s.
Valentine’s Day: Mostly cloudy w/ isolated morning showers. Snow level 2,000 ft. Highs in upper 40s.
Saturday: Rain. Snow level 3,000 ft, rising 4,500 ft. Highs in upper 40s.
Sunday: Showers. Snow level 2,500 ft. Highs in upper 40s.
President’s Day: Partly sunny w/ slight chance. Snow level 2,500 ft. Highs in upper 40s.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low 50s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low 50s.
Snow levels will drop from 4,000 feet Thursday afternoon, to around 2,000 feet Thursday night. Snowfall will likely be light, between 1 to 4 inches.
As the front shifts inland Thursday night, rain will become more showery. Higher terrain will be more favorable for showers on Friday, with much of the interior valleys being in a rain shadow. Showers will slow on Friday morning, leaving mostly cloudy skies for Valentine’s Day evening and overnight Friday into Saturday.
The next, stronger front will arrive Saturday, bringing heavier rain and mountain snow. Rain will start in northwestern Oregon and spread south and east throughout the morning. Models are suggesting that this will be a wet system, with the potential of 1 to 3 inches of rain through Saturday night. In terms of snow, 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible with a snow level between 3,500 to 4,500 feet. This means that a Winter Storm Warning is looking likely at this time.
Showers will continue on Sunday, but the pattern will quickly shift on Monday. High pressure will build through the middle of the week, bringing sunshine and low to middle 50s.
For more information, visit the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain returns this afternoon, continues through weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain returns tomorrow, continues through weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunshine returning this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Expect rain this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain chances continue through the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Dry start to weekend before rain returns
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain and snow returning for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Steady rain starting this afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Steady rain to arrive Wednesday afternoon
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Rain, snow chances will slow by afternoon