EUGENE, Ore. -- We are tracking a wet Wednesday with showers and cooler temperatures.
Showers as of 9:30 a.m. had already pushed into Coos, Douglas, and Lane counties. Showers will continue to push north, but we'll have to track the showers the old-fashion way -- eyes, rain gauges, and satellite. This is due to a NWS Portland scheduled radar outage. Portland’s radar will be out until Sept. 3 as part of their Service Life Extension Program to keep the radar in service into the 2030s.
Wednesday: Afternoon showers. Highs near 70
Thursday: Becoming sunny. Highs in upper 70s to low 80s
Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Monday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Tuesday: Sunny. Highs in low to mid 90s
Showers likely drop between 0.1 to 0.5 inches of rain. This likely put us in the positive for rainfall for the month. Roseburg was already in positive going into today for showers earlier this month. This will help with fire danger in the short term. Fire danger currently sits in the high range and dry conditions will return tomorrow and hot temperatures next week.
Thursday will start with morning clouds but will quickly clear into the afternoon. Zonal flow in the jet stream will persist through Sunday. This will keep us seasonably warm with highs in the low to mid 80s and sunny.
Ridging in the jet stream will build over the region starting on Tuesday. This will return our temperatures to the low to mid 90s next week.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking a wet Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking cold, wet weather for the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Another wet, cool day
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking chance of precipitation on Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Heat blast continues Wednesday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking dangerous heat and critical fire weather
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking heavy showers and thunderstorms
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking our next rainmaker this weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking the next cold front
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Tracking sunshine and mild temperatures for weekend