EUGENE, Ore. -- Happy Friday! You have finally made it to the weekend, and a long weekend at that for many with Labor Day being Monday.
This morning, there is a deep marine layer in place along the coast and the inland valleys. The marine layer will likely produce some patchy drizzle along the coast.
Friday: Decreasing clouds. Highs in low to mid 80s
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Sunday: Partly Sunny w/ AM spotty showers. Highs in low to mid 80s
Labor Day: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in low to mid 80s
Marine clouds will take some time to clear this afternoon. The longer they stick around, the cooler we will be this afternoon. That said, if clouds fail to clear by 4 p.m., highs will only be in the 70s. The earlier they clear, the warmer the temperatures we'll see. Earlier clearing appears most likely at this time.
Tonight into Saturday will see marine clouds returning to the coast. It is possible that some of those get through the Coast Range and into the valleys, but it will be nowhere near what we saw Friday morning. The afternoon will be mostly sunny ahead of a cool front that will push in Saturday night into Sunday morning.
This front will stall over western Oregon and likely dissipate into Sunday, but the front will likely leave plenty of clouds and spotty showers and some drizzle. Any precipitation will be very light and most areas will not see anything measurable.
Labor Day will see the return of mostly sunny skies and seasonable temperatures. This will likely last into the middle of next week.
For more weather information, go to the KEZI 9 News StormTracker 9 weather page.
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Labor Day holiday weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful Labor Day holiday
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Sunny & mild after holiday weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Another wet, cool day
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Potential 'Bomb Cyclone' to affect holiday travel
- Labor strike enters day six
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Temperatures to cool into the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Cooler temperatures expected over the weekend
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Beautiful weekend ahead of heat wave
- StormTracker 9 Forecast: Fall-like weather returns for the weekend