EUGENE, Ore -- A fire marshal is on scene this morning after Eugene-Springfield Fire says a stolen U-Haul caught fire. This happened just after 4am near Ken Nielsen Road and West 11th Avenue.
Someone who was driving past the U-Haul reported the fire. A car was inside the engulfed U-Haul and was destroyed by the fire.
KEZI 9 News has learned the U-Haul was stolen off of River Rd. and Oroyan Ave. Eugene Police say they are not actively looking for a suspect because there was no surveillance video at the U-Haul center nor the scene where the fire happened. The Lane County Sheriff's Office is on scene currently for recovery.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Stolen U-Haul catches fire
- Stolen U-Haul recovered in Douglas County traffic stop
- Vehicles catch fire in Springfield
- Police identify robbery suspect shot by U-Haul employee
- Oregon Powder Coating in Tangent catches fire
- Home unlivable after catching on fire
- Mobile homes catch fire in Eugene
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- Vacant home catches fire overnight in Lebanon
- House under construction catches fire in Veneta