YONCALLA, Ore. -- A stolen U-Haul vehicle was recovered Monday night after a Douglas County deputy stopped the vehicle for speeding, and two people have been arrested.
The sheriff’s office said Nicholas Slead, 32, of Tacoma, Washington, was driving the 2018 Ford Van when the deputy pulled him over around 5:30 p.m. His passenger, Elisa Gill, 30, of Gresham, had a warrant for her arrest.
Deputies said they found methamphetamine and heroin in the vehicle.
Slead and Gill face charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and unlawful possession of meth and heroin.
- Stolen U-Haul recovered in Douglas County traffic stop
- Stolen U-Haul catches fire
- Douglas County recovering from severe winter storm
- Potentially devastating wildfire stopped in Douglas County
- Roseburg man arrested after stolen car recovered
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Stolen Picasso painting worth $28 million recovered after 20 years
- Naloxone addresses the Douglas County opioid epidemic
- Flu season has officially hit Douglas County