WILSONVILLE, Ore.-- A Porsche stolen in the Eugene area crashed after a police pursuit in Wilsonville early Saturday morning, according to the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said that 29-year-old April Evernden of Eugene was driving an orange Porsche Cayman near SW Ellingsen Road and SW 95th Avenue at around 1:45 a.m. when deputies tried to stop her.
She did not stop and led officials on a pursuit, entering I-5 northbound at high speed, according to authorities. Evernden maneuvered around spike strips. She attempted to cut across the freeway behind two semi-trucks but crashed into one of the trailers and spun-out into a concrete barrier.
Evernden was detained after exiting the vehicle. 34-year-old Thomas Evernden was a passenger in the car. Officials said first responders removed him from the vehicle and found he was injured. A dog was also safely removed from the vehicle. Their current condition is unknown.
Officials said drugs, stolen IDs, credit cards and more were found inside.
Both Thomas and April Evernden were taken to area hospitals for evaluation and will be facing several charges, according to authorities. The investigation is ongoing.
The Eugene Police Department confirmed to KEZI 9 News that the Porsche was stolen during an apartment burglary reported on December 25, 2019. A passerby reported the Kinsrow Avenue apartments' door was found open around 5:30 p.m. Officers discovered that the vehicle's keys, along with other items, were taken.
KEZI 9 News has not been able to confirm if April or Thomas Evernden are thought to be connected to that burglary.
- Stolen Eugene sports car crashes after police pursuit
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt
- Second Eugene police car involved in crash Thursday
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene
- Crashed car causes blackout in south Eugene
- Drivers injured after car crash in Eugene
- OSP: Winston man crashes twice during police pursuit in Azalea
- High-speed pursuit ends in crash, arrest
- Eugene Police ask for help in finding stolen jerseys
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash