OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- A driver of a St. Vincent de Paul delivery truck is dead after his vehicle crashed on Highway 58 near milepost 32 Thursday afternoon.
The Oregon State Police said preliminary investigation indicates that Robert Bieler, 81, of La Pine was traveling east on the highway near Oakridge when he missed a curve. The 2006 GMC delivery truck then went down an embankment and hit a large oak tree.
OSP troopers from the Springfield Area Command and emergency personnel responded at about 12:05 p.m. Oakridge Fire and ODOT assisted OSP.
- St. Vincent de Paul delivery truck driver dies in crash near Oakridge
- Recycle Styrofoam at all St. Vincent De Paul locations
- St. Vincent de Paul withdraws Bethel boys shelter proposal
- St. Vincent de Paul opening new thrift store in Eugene
- St. Vincent de Paul youth house for girls to open this month
- St. Vincent de Paul plans to break ground on home for homeless boys
- St. Vincent de Paul opens new affordable housing project in Springfield
- St. Vincent de Paul Holiday Joy gift-giving program kicks off
- St. Vincent de Paul searches for new Springfield warming center site
- One man dies in Oakridge house fire