SPRINGFIELD, Ore -- Springfield resident, Gertrude Tomminger, is enjoying her time in the spotlight as she celebrates 106 years.
Ms. Tomminger was born in Hermsiton on December 27, 1911. In her younger days, she loved to garden, sew, and crochet. Tomminger now resides at The Rawlin at Riverbend Memory Care facility. Staff say she is full of energy and keeps busy.
"Well just enjoy as many things as you can and take some things seriously, but never too seriously, said Tomminger.
Tomminger has received hundreds of birthday wishes on KEZI 9 News' Facebook page. Her story has reached nearly 50,000 people on Facebook.
- Springfield resident turns 106
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Measure 106 - Abortion Funding
- Springfield residents affected by fire seek help
- Springfield Walmart causing problems, residents say
- Springfield resident finds possible dynamite on property
- Eugene Springfield Fire rescues resident after falling
- Springfield residents terrified they could lose their homes
- Shooter’s house ‘constant reminder’ of Springfield ambush, residents say
- Springfield Christmas parade canceled
- Missing Springfield teenager found