SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A Springfield resident discovered what appeared to be four pieces of dynamite on Friday.
The person lives in the area of 22nd Street and G Street, Springfield police said, and the alleged dynamite was found on their property. The resident said it was labeled “explosives.”
Eugene police responded to safely dispose of the items.
Nearby Maple Elementary School was placed on lockdown as a precaution. It was lifted as soon as the alleged explosives were removed.
Police said there is no threat to the community, and no criminal investigation is underway.
- Springfield resident finds possible dynamite on property
- Springfield resident turns 106
- Springfield residents affected by fire seek help
- Springfield Walmart causing problems, residents say
- Eugene Springfield Fire rescues resident after falling
- Egan Warming Center finds new Springfield location
- Residents upset over homeless presence on their properties
- Medford residents find KKK recruiting fliers
- Springfield residents terrified they could lose their homes
- Shooter’s house ‘constant reminder’ of Springfield ambush, residents say