SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A 50-year-old Springfield man is dead after a golf cart rolled over at the Coos Golf Club on Saturday.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office said Frank A. Dilworth was trying to drive the cart down a steep embankment when it rolled over.
Bystanders began CPR, but emergency responders were unable to revive Dilworth. Authorities said there was no indication Dilworth was impaired.
Dilworth’s passenger suffered minor injuries.
John Kilcullen said Frank was married to his niece, and he officiated their wedding.
"Everybody is in a bit of shock over the circumstances and just losing somebody that was such a great part of our family," Kilcullen said.
Kilcullen said Dilworth loved golfing and cared for his family.
"He was fun to be with, and he liked to joke," Kilcullen said. "He was exciting to be with, he would take on anything, and he was a very loving individual. He was one of those guys that was real quick to say I love you."
Kilcullen said Dilworth has two adult children from a previous marriage and was wonderful to his wife's two young grandchildren. He said she is getting support from their family and friends.
- Springfield man killed in golf cart accident
- Springfield man dies in logging accident
- Missing Springfield man found
- Man killed in Douglas County logging accident
- Ledbetter sentenced for Springfield killing
- Explosion destroys food cart in Eugene
- New trial begins for man accused of killing Springfield mother
- 31-year-old Springfield man killed in motorcycle crash
- Springfield man robbed at gunpoint
- Missing Springfield man found safe