SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - A fire at the Chalet Apartments in Springfield left two residents temporarily displaced.
Neither resident was home at the time of the fire, but there was some maintenance going on. One person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and firefighters believe it was a maintenance worker.
"The cause is still under investigation, but there was heavy smoke damage to the affected apartment, so the occupants are going to be displaced for a little bit," said Jeff Kronser, Battalion Chief for Eugene Springfield Fire.
One resident said she came home to see smoke billowing out from her apartment, but she had no idea what might have caused it.
The two will be receiving help from Red Cross while they're temporarily without a home.
- Springfield apartment fire displaces two people
- Springfield family displaced after apartment fire
- Seven people displaced after apartment fire in Springfield
- Apartment fire displaces residents, kills dog
- 15 people displaced after devastating fire
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family
- House fire displaces Eugene residents
- UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family
- Attic fire displaces Roseburg family
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment