SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The people whose homes were damaged by the two broken water mains in a Thurston neighborhood attended a meeting Wednesday with the Springfield Utility Board.
The water main caused major flooding and foundation damage to homes. Springfield Utility Board fixed the water main, but homeowners also want SUB to help cover the tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
Emily Peterson’s home is damaged, and she attended the meeting. She said the board seemed interested in helping because they asked questions to those who were impacted and wanted to learn more about the damage.
Peterson said she hopes the board does the right thing and covers the costs.
“Our goal was to basically make them understand that we're not just an account number for statements that they mail out every month. We're actually families that have been affected by this. It's affected every avenue of our life,” Peterson said.
She also said she won't stop until something is done.
- Springfield Utility Board discusses water main flooding at meeting
- Springfield family seeks SUB help after water main break floods home
- Streets flood, power outages after Portland water main break
- Springfield plans to improve Main Street safety
- Springfield library open after flooding
- Second water main leaks in Thurston neighborhood
- Axemen meet to discuss "Axemen"
- Springfield asks for input to make Main Street safer
- Merkley hosts town hall meeting in Springfield
- Official: SUB won't pay for damages after water main break