SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Springfield Public Schools wants to hear from the community on what a successful education looks like.
With new funding being delivered through the Student Success Act, Springfield Public Schools is holding community input sessions.
Meeting dates and locations:
- Oct. 7: Guy Lee Elementary School, 755 Harlow Road
- Oct. 8: Briggs Middle School, 2355 Yolanda Ave.
- Oct. 15: Riverbend Elementary School, 320 N 51st St.
Meeting conducted in Spanish:
- Oct. 17: Two Rivers Dos Rios Elementary, 1084 G St.
- All meetings are scheduled from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Dinner and community conversations from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Community input sessions from 6 to 7 p.m.
The Student Success Act will provide an additional $2 billion for education and early learning in Oregon over the next two years, with about $500 million going directly to Oregon School districts.
The Springfield School District is expected to receive about $8 million each year.
For more information, click here.