Photo Gallery 1 Images
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - Springfield Public Schools held a job fair to recruit employees as they head into the time of the year with more turnover.
The district said retention and recruitment are both a high priority to them, so this fair gave principals the opportunity to interact with possible new employees to consider as they enter the spring and summer.
It also gave younger teachers an opportunity to look for possibly their first teaching job.
"Educate our kids about social justice issues and just the world for competiton, and so being a part of that is huge, it's part of history, and that's really exciting," said Elizabeth Knutson, one of the teacher candidates.
More than 60 candidates showed up to the fair at Springfield High School. Staff with the district said it was more than they were expecting, and they even had to turn some people away.
- Springfield Public Schools starts recruiting teachers
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce surprises middle school teacher
- Springfield Public Schools sued over alleged A3 sexual abuse
- Springfield Public Schools takes on nearly 20 summer projects
- Springfield Public Schools takes step to keep students safer
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII
- Drone crash starts fire in Springfield field
- Springfield school shooter loses appeal
- Springfield School District superintendent leaving