ALBANY, Ore. -- School officials are reviewing South Albany High School's mascot and are asking the public for their opinion.
According to the school's website, the Rebel mascot may possibly be changed. They said the school wants the symbol to be more inclusive.
Public forum will be held from 6:30 pm to 8 pm in the South Albany High School's Commons Building.
- Tuesday, February 20
- Wednesday, February 21
- Tuesday, February 27
You must sign up online to attend. Click here to be taken to the online registration.
The school district hired a consultant to collect input from community members about the mascot. Principal Brent Belveal said they will be taking public input in February.
Three public forums are scheduled for Feb. 20, 21, and 27. There are only 75 seats per forum and people will need to sign up online in advance.
- South Albany High School may change mascot
- South Albany High School pushes for a more inclusive mascot
- Portland school to change Quaker mascot
- UPDATE: Petition disappears pushing for new high school mascot
- South Eugene High School changes name of athletic teams
- Blitzing the Preseason: South Albany Redhawks
- Two-A-Days: South Albany Redhawks
- Serious virus closes Albany school
- Oregon cheerleaders, mascot visit cancer patients
- Threat found at South Umpqua High School