DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- A telephone service outage in parts of Douglas County may prevent some residents from being able to call 911 in the case of an emergency, the sheriff's office said.
The outage is affecting CenturyLink customers in Yoncalla, Elkton, Scottsburg, Drain and the Loon Lake area.
Officials said residents who are affected may be able to call 911 using cell phones.
A cut fiber optic line is the cause of the outage, and officials said there is no estimated time of repair.
- Some Douglas County residents experiencing 911 outage
- 911 outage affecting parts of southern Douglas County
- Service restored after fire causes 911 outage in parts of Douglas County
- Investigations started on CenturyLink outage, 911 failures
- Power restored to thousands after outage in Douglas County
- Douglas Co. deputies alert residents of scam
- Douglas County residents can get flu shots for free
- RRR: Douglas County residents react to possible recycling crisis
- Douglas County fire district needs residents to pay taxes
- Douglas County Clerk urges residents to register to vote