DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. – Crews responded to a brush fire near homeless camps on SE Mill Street in Roseburg Monday, Douglas County Fire District No. 2 officials said.
Firefighters arrived to the 1800 block of SE Mill Street at about 7:30 p.m. They found trash debris near the blaze with signs of people camping in the area. About one-third of an acre of brush and grass were on fire, officials said.
Crews were able to contain the fire to a small area by about 7:45 p.m. as additional crews came to put out any hot spots. The railroad did not sustain any damage from the fire.
Several people who reported the fire also said they saw two subjects in the area around the time the fire started.
- Crews put out brush fire near homeless camp in Roseburg
- Crews respond to fire near homeless camp in Roseburg
- Crews battling brush fire near Vida
- Man hospitalized after stabbing at Roseburg homeless camp
- Firefighters put out grass fire on Reservoir Hill in Roseburg
- Roseburg superintendent put on leave, expected to be fired
- Crews cleaning up homeless camp near Autzen Stadium
- Crews to clear homeless camp on Eugene bike path
- Brush fire damages two homes in Prineville
- Fire crews put out Springfield mobile home fire