EUGENE, Ore. -- Several stores in Eugene were busy for Small Business Saturday, where the emphasis is buying local products from locally-owned businesses.
This special day happens every year after Thanksgiving. On Small Business Saturday, locally-owned stores run special promotions to get the community in and see locally made products.
The owner of Luxe in the Oakway Shopping Center, Maria Johnston, says supporting small businesses is essential to the local economy.
"Keeps money in our city, in our local town. We support a lot of local artists too. We have jewelry lines from people in the Eugene, Springfield, Portland market," Johnston said.
Even if you didn't make it to any locally-owned businesses on Saturday, you can go at any time and know your money is staying local.
- Shoppers show up for 'Small Business Saturday' in Eugene
- Local Businesses Gear up for Small Business Saturday
- Fire damages Eugene businesses
- Eugene Holiday Market's brings out last minute Christmas shoppers
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Cyber Monday brings out shoppers
- Small bike shops raise concerns about Eugene bike share program
- Eugene Christian School is closed today after a small fire.
- Small brush fire sparks near homes in Eugene
- Occupants are safe after a small house fire in Eugene