Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. – Eugene Police are investigating a shooting that happened at The Bailey apartment complex early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened at around 2 a.m., according to police.
Witnesses said they saw someone being loaded into a car and then taken to the hospital.
Police said they later found that car with two guns inside.
Some residents said this incident left them feeling concerned for the safety of their loved ones.
Rick Engstrom lives at apartment complex where the incident occured. He said he woke up to find blood along the sidewalk of the complex and described the incident as disturbing.
“Yeah, there’s a bullet hole going into the building,” Engstrom said. “What if that was on the other side of the apartment complex and that’s my kids room.”
Engstrom did what he could to clean the blood stains on the sidewalk, but said he wished management at the complex would have taken care of it sooner.
Eugene Police said the victim is a 36-year-old and the case continues under investigation.
- Residents concerned for their safety after shooting at The Bailey
- Motorcycle crashes on Bailey Hill Road
- Business owners & residents concerned about illegal camping
- Eugene residents raise concerns about panhandling
- Altman, Bailey prepare for UCLA, USC games, talk rotation issues
- Gateways High School students concerned about building's safety
- YouTube disables comments on videos of kids following safety concerns
- Caution tape up at Waterloo playground over safety concerns
- UO students concerned after shooting near campus
- Residents concerned about homeless camp in west Eugene