LEABURG, Ore. -- Exhaust fumes may be to blame for the death of an elderly couple near Leaburg.
A sergeant with the Lane County Sheriff's Office says first responders detected fumes when they entered the home on the 42200 block of Holden Creek Lane.
Inside the home were the bodies of a man, 93, and a woman, 91.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office says the victims were Hattie Fountain and Loris Fountain.
- Victims identified in Leaburg deaths
- Lawmakers vote against funding Leaburg Fish Hatchery
- Leaburg Fish Hatchery to stay open
- Leaburg Fish Hatchery celebrates legislative win
- Lawmakers consider amendment to fund Leaburg Fish Hatchery
- Murder victim identified
- Police identify female victim in parking lot death
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Supporters fighting to keep Leaburg Fish Hatchery open past June 30
- Third man identified among train crash victims