WALDPORT, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a man driving a minivan was seriously injured and some students suffered minor injuries when the minivan collided with a school bus south of Newport in Waldport.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports the crash happened Tuesday morning when minivan driver Kenneth J. Hall crossed into oncoming traffic and hit the bus head-on, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office says Hall of Waldport was flown to a Corvallis hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The sheriff's office says some of the students on the bus suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
The agency didn't release any further information.
- Several injured in collision between school bus and minivan
- Two children injured after school bus hit in Medford
- Two injured when bus crashes on Hwy 99
- School bus hit by truck in Lebanon
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- 4J bus driver resigns after leaving 4-year-old on school bus
- Bethel kindergartner bullied on bus; school responds swiftly
- Child hurt after school bus hit by car in Medford
- Caught On Camera: Semi slams into school bus
- Roseburg school bus makes U-turn on freeway on-ramp