EUGENE, Ore. -- If you like vintage cars, then Crescent Park Senior Living was the place to be on Saturday.
Crescent Park held its 4th annual car show, called the Show and Shine, Saturday afternoon. It's a fundraiser for the local Alzheimer's Association. Organizers said the money raised benefits people living locally.
There were 30 cars from the 1930's to 1976 era at the event. There was also live music, barbecue and a raffle.
Organizers said it's fun way to raise money for a very serious disease.
"It's just a great event to support our local Alzheimer's Association," said Kristi Reeser, the Director of Fun at Crescent Park. "We see a lot of memory problems and we're looking for a cure to that terrible disease, so we can fight back in any way that we can."
Reeser said they raised $3,000 last year and said they're on track to beat that amount this year. If you missed this weekend's event, Reeser said they already have a date planned for next year: July 20, 2019.
- Senior community hosts car show fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association
- Car show held as fundraiser in Eugene
- Local church hosts community Christmas light show
- Oregon men, women's hoops hosting exhibition fundraisers
- Local animal shelter hosts cat yoga fundraiser
- Moose Lodge hosts fundraiser for Jimmy Holland
- Community holds fundraiser for local family
- Local family makes Alzheimer's break through possible
- Local nonprofit hosts New Year's Eve fundraiser for youth
- Toddlers and seniors work together on community projects