ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The flooding we've witnessed over the past few days may have turned deadly. The Roseburg Fire Depatment said one person is missing and presumed to have drowned on Tuesday.
The department said they got a call at 5:48 p.m. Tuesday saying there was a man in a dark sweatshirt in the river by Gaddis Park and Interstate 5 with his arms flailing around the water.
When they arrived, they said they found high, swift waters. The rapid search was unsuccessful and officials said they called off the search because of hazardous water conditions and safety concerns.
Assisting agencies included Douglas County Fire District #2 (Water Rescue Team), Douglas County Sheriff’s Office (Marine Division), Roseburg Police Department and Umpqua Valley Ambulance.
- Search for possible drowning victim suspended in Roseburg
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Fern Ridge drowning victim's fiancee speaks out
- Search continues for missing Roseburg man
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Search for missing duck hunter suspended
- Roseburg School District selects finalists in superintendent search
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting