Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE: The body of a missing Coos County man was found Sunday morning.
Richard Allen Ellerby, 78, had been missing since Oct. 2.
A search team from the Lane County Sheriff's Office found Ellerby's body at about 10:50 a.m. in a wooded area approximately 600 yards from his home on West Catching Road. The Coos County Medical Examiner's Office was called to the scene and reported that Ellerby's death was likely caused by hypothermia.
The Coos County Sheriff's Office received a report at about 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 2 that Ellerby was missing from his home. Ellerby had a reported history of dementia and cancer.
UPDATE: Operations are winding down for day four of the search for a missing Coos County man, the Coos County Sheriff's Office said Friday afternoon.
Richard Ellerby, 78, was last seen Tuesday morning at his home on West Catching Road.
The search and rescue operation will continue Saturday.
COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- Crews resumed their search for a missing Coos County man Friday after having no luck on Thursday's search.
Richard Ellerby, 78, was last seen Tuesday morning at his home on West Catching Road. He has a history of dementia and cancer.
Search and rescue teams have been looking for him on rough terrain and in waterways with the help of crews from several different agencies. They've used K-9s, and they also searched by helicopter.
Police are asking the public to keep an eye out for him.
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Missing 72-year-old found, Coos Bay police say
- Missing Springfield man found
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Body of missing woman found near Brookings
- Deputies identify body found in Albany as missing man
- Body found in Willamette River was missing Albany man
- Missing man found dead in Lane County