CRESWELL, Ore. -- Officials have recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy after responding to reports of a drowning in Creswell. The boy is from the Creswell area.
Division Chief Joe Raade of South Lane Fire said a Lane County Sheriff's Office dive team recovered the boy's body from a lake near a rock quarry on private property east of the city.
LCSO said they are investigating the death and the Lane County Medical Examiner's office will determine the cause and manner of death.
"Our hearts and thoughts are with the family and friends of the 15-year-old boy, and the community of Creswell as they grieve," LCSO said in a statement. "The juvenile’s parents have been notified, and we ask that their privacy be respected."
- Teen drowns in lake near Creswell, officials say
- Officials identify 15-year-old who drowned near Creswell
- Investigators don't suspect foul play in Creswell hot tub drowning
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Deputies: 3 teens arrested for starting multiple fires in Creswell
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Man hospitalized following Creswell shooting
- Creswell lumber warehouse fire considered suspicious