EUGENE, Ore. – Several school districts are delivering free meals to students as the school year kicks off remotely for many.
Below are the school districts in our area working to provide food to children despite distance learning during the pandemic.
Springfield Public Schools
Lunches are being delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to bus stops throughout the area. Families can pick up a hot to-go lunch and a breakfast for the following morning. The program started Oct. 12.
The meals are available for children 18 or younger, and they do not need to be a student in the district.
You can also pick up meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at several locations, including:
- Centennial: 1315 Aspen St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Guy Lee: 755 Harlow Road Springfield, OR 97477
- Maple: 2109 J St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Ridgeview: 526 N 66th St, Springfield, OR 97478
- Riverbend Elementary: 320 N 51st St, Springfield, OR 97478
- Thurston Elementary: 7345 Thurston Rd, Springfield, OR 97478
- Two Rivers - Dos Rios: 1084 G St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Yolanda: 2350 Yolanda Ave, Springfield, OR 97477
- Page: 1300 Hayden Bridge Rd, Springfield, OR 97477
- Douglas Gardens: 3680 Jasper Rd, Springfield
- Mt Vernon: 935 Filbert Lane, Springfield
Eugene School District 4J
The school meal delivery service kicked off Oct. 12 in Eugene. The district is delivering meals to families who are not near a meal pickup location or who need assistance. The meals are being provided every school day during the time all 4J students are learning online. Breakfast and lunch are delivered together and extra meals for the weekend will be provided on Fridays.
Families inside the district boundary with children age 18 or younger qualify for meals. The children do not need to be 4J students, but capacity is limited and students will be given priority.
Families must complete an online request form or call 541-790-7654.