SALEM, Ore. -- Salem police say a man taken into custody after allegedly causing a disturbance at a restaurant later died, and that the case will be investigated by Oregon State Police.
A Salem Police Department release says officers were called late Saturday for a man trespassing and causing a disturbance.
The release says the man struggled with officers and when he was ''under control,'' officers called for medical assistance because they believed he was in distress.
The release says the man was pronounced dead at a hospital and his name and cause of death are being determined.
The release says officers involved have been placed on administrative leave while the matter is investigated. It did not specify how many officers.
- Salem police: Oregon State Police to investigate death
- Salem police investigate death of woman in Salem
- Oregon State Police spokesman under criminal investigation
- State Police investigate Oregon Humane Society officers
- Autopsy clears Salem police in death of man during arrest
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Authorities are investigating a suspicious death north of Salem
- Police investigating homicide outside Oregon pub
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- Police investigating death in Eugene neighborhood