EUGENE, Ore. - St. Vinnie's is working to spread cheer to its affordable housing residents through it's Holiday Joy program.
The program recruits community members and businesses to adopt a family.
Those community members then buy gifts and give support to those families or individuals during the holidays.
A spokesperson from St. Vinnie's said this year's program has more than 1,000 applicants from more than 400 households.
"One of the wonderful things I love about this program is anyone can participate," said Ashley Hensley, the Community Engagement Coordinator with Saint Vincent de Paul. "You can partner with friends, coworkers, family, get five of you together and sponsor one person!"
Hensley said they are still looking for more sponsors for an addition 350 people.
She said people can donate money over the phone or in person at Saint Vinnie's.
The deadline to become a sponsor is December 15.
- SVDP's Holiday Joy program kicks off
- St. Vincent de Paul Holiday Joy gift-giving program kicks off
- Joy Church has candy dropping out of the sky
- National Apprenticeship Week kicks off
- Holiday Market brings holiday spirit to Eugene
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- TRIVIA: Holiday Movie Quotes
- Graffiti Weekend kicks off in Roseburg
- Oregon Country Fair kicks off 49th year
- Girl Scout cookie sales kick off