Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore.--The Stamp Out Hunger food drive begins this Saturday. The drive is happening nationwide, but locally, the food goes to Food for Lane County.
Participating is easy: just leave a bag of non-perishable food by your mailbox. Your local letter carrier will pick up the bags as they walk their route. Items like pasta, peanut butter, and canned goods are great options. Organizers ask that participants avoid glass containers.
Since 1993, the Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive has been the largest one-day drive in the United States.
- Stamp out hunger food drive kicks off Saturday
- FISH Food Pantry will hold a food drive this Saturday
- Mobile food pantry fighting hunger in Douglas County
- Trump plans to make more people work for food stamps
- USDA rule would cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million
- Proposed food stamp cuts could leave many hungry, Food For Lane County says
- Eugene Saturday Market kicks off 50th year
- 37th annual Governor's Food Drive begins
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- Civil War Blood Drive kicks off at UO and OSU