SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Police arrested a man they said high on meth and combative.
On Thursday, officers with the Springfield Police Department were called to the Regency Motel on Main Street for the report of a man breaking items around 10:30 p.m. Officers said they found 20-year-old Kyle Baca standing outside of a motel room on the second floor, swinging a wooden bat-shaped object. They said his arms were covered in blood and he was threatening officers with it.
Police said additional officers responded which prompted Baca to challenge the officers to shoot him using the bat as a weapon. They said he threw the bat at a nearby motel room window and shattered it. After that, they said, he jumped onto a neighboring roof and took off.
They said officers surrounded him in a yard where he charged them with his fists clenched. Despite numerous orders to stop, police said Baca continued to charge and was tased. They said Baca jumped back up and continued to try to assault the officers. Police tased Baca a second time and were able to arrest him.
Police said Baca was high on meth. They said a bag of meth was located in his motel room.
Baca was arrested for possession of meth, menacing, interfering with police, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief.
- SPD: Man on meth arrested, tried fighting officers
- SPD officer says he would have confronted school shooter
- Two SPD employees investigated for inappropriate Facebook comments
- Man accused of trying to sell meth to undercover officer
- Man arrested after fight over Xbox
- Father, son arrested after fight
- Off-duty Salem police officer arrested on meth and theft charges
- Officials: Man gets into fight with deputy, gets arrested
- Eugene officers hospitalized after fight with suspect
- Cottage Grove officer accused of stealing meth pleads not guilty