ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Novelist accused of killing husband pleads not guilty
- Writer accused of killing husband wants jail log sealed
- Woman accused of trying to get help to kill ex-husband in Oregon
- North Bend woman killed; estranged husband charged with murder
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Eye drops and ointment sold at Walgreens and Walmart recalled
- Worms removed from eye of Oregon woman
- Husband arrested for murder of woman found near Camp Namanu
- Umpqua woman dead, husband in critical condition after crash