Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. - Police said just before 3 pm on Wednesday, December 6, Nicole Pederson hit a pole and a stopped car before fleeing the scene.
She was driving eastbound on Harvard Avenue when she made an illegal U-turn on Harvard and Madrone.
Police said in doing so she hit a pedestrian crosswalk post and a stopped car being driven by Shannen Vorse.
They said she left the scene in her damaged Mercury Mountaineer, but witnesses wouldn't let her get far. Police said witnesses cornered her on Laurelwood Street. They said in their efforts to stop Pederson, she assaulted one person and harassed another.
Neighbors said the assault consisted of punching one of the witnesses in the face.
Pederson is being charged with a DUII, assault, hit and run, and harassment.
She was brought to the Douglas County Jail.
- Roseburg woman charged with a DUII after a hit and run
- Driver accused of hit-and-run and DUII in Eugene
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- DUII enforcement patrols lead to arrests in Lane County, Roseburg
- Woman sentenced for deadly DUII crash
- Former UO basketball player facing DUII charges
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Oregon officer hurt after DUII suspect hits patrol car
- Horse hit by vehicle in Roseburg
- Roseburg School District hit with ransomware attack