ROSEBURG, Ore. – A woman is accused of numerous mail thefts over the weekend.
Kayla Alamprese, 21, of Roseburg faces 13 counts of mail theft, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said.
Over the weekend, deputies took several reports of thefts from residential mailboxes, including packages.
At 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, a deputy received a report that a woman was looking through mailboxes in the area of Doerner Road near Buffalo Lane. The deputy contacted Alamprese. The sheriff’s office said she was found to be in possession of stolen mail and items.
Alamprese was taken to the Douglas County Jail.
The sheriff’s office shared the following tips for protecting yourself from crime this holiday season:
- Consider a residential locking mailbox or renting a post office box.
- Check your mail daily.
- If leaving the area, ask the postal service to hold your mail until you return.
- Know when your packages will be arriving by monitoring tracking information available by the shipping company.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to watch for the delivery of packages and to hold them until you return home.
- If you are not home during the day, consider having your items delivered to your workplace or to a trusted neighbor. Some shipping companies also allow you to hold a package at their facility for pick-up.
- Elect for in-store pickup, if available.
- Require a signature to be obtained for the delivery to avoid the package being left on your doorstep.
- Be vigilant in your neighborhood. If you witness suspicious vehicles or people following delivery trucks, call police. A good description and license plates are very helpful to law enforcement.
- Install surveillance cameras around your home. The mere presence of cameras may deter a thief, but can also help law enforcement solve the crime.
- If sending a package to someone, let them know it’s coming so they can be on the lookout.
- Roseburg woman arrested in string of mailbox thefts
- Tacoma man arrested in Roseburg for theft from vehicles
- Eugene family frustrated after string of burglaries and thefts
- Ballots should arrive in your mailbox soon
- Thieves target mailboxes in Santa Clara
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Roseburg woman arrested after allegedly shooting gun in her home
- Roseburg Police investigating mail thefts in two neighborhoods
- Woman cited after string of break-ins near Autzen Stadium