ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A Roseburg woman was arrested Thursday morning after neighbors reported hearing gunshots at her house, police said.
Diana Marie Young, 47, faces charges of unlawful use of a firearm, second-degree disorderly conduct and unlawful possession of methamphetamine. Her 14-year-old son, who has a severe disability, has been placed in a new home by child welfare.
Roseburg police responded to a reported disturbance in the 300 block of SE Ella Street at 4:19 a.m. A neighbor said they saw a woman on a porch screaming, crying and yelling.
Officers said they heard the woman inside the house saying “she was going to get a gun and shoot them.”
They set a perimeter around the house, and when attempts to contact Young failed, the Roseburg Police Department’s emergency response and crisis negotiator teams responded.
Officers entered the house and found Young in a back room, where she was arrested without incident. Her son was also inside. Both were unharmed.
A firearm was recovered, and Young was taken to Douglas County Corrections, police said.
- Roseburg woman arrested after allegedly shooting gun in her home
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Teens allegedly attempt burglary on Roseburg businesses
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- Shooting of Roseburg family sparks conversation about gun safety
- Officials: 14-year-old allegedly fires gun at bus stop in Roseburg
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Gun stolen from Roseburg High School