UPDATE: The suspect in Tuesday's shooting in Roseburg apologized to the victim as he left the home, according to court documents.
Nicholas McElmurry, 34, of Roseburg allegedly shot Ricky Gibbons, 30, of Roseburg in the abdomen and back.
McElmurry faces several charges, including assault and unlawful use of a weapon.
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A man was arrested early Tuesday morning following a shooting in Roseburg.
Nicholas McElmurry, 34, of Roseburg was taken to the Douglas County Jail and charged with first-degree assault. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said more charges are expected.
The shooting was reported at about 1 a.m., and Douglas County deputies and Roseburg and Winston police responded to Valley View Mobile Home Park, 200 Emil’s Way.
Reports indicated McElmurry got involved in an argument in one of the trailers that Ricky Gibbons, 30, of Roseburg was taking part in.
The sheriff’s office said McElmurry then shot Gibbons and fled the scene.
Gibbons was taken to Mercy Medical Center and was then transported to Riverbend Hospital in Springfield. His condition is unknown, but his injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
Two K-9 units from the Roseburg Police Department responded to the scene and assisted other responders with a search for McElmurry.
At about 2 a.m., a K-9 officer announced he would send his dog under a trailer and the dog began barking. McElmurry, who was hiding in a nearby shed, surrendered.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office at 541-440-4471.
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- K-9 dog sniffs out suspect in Roseburg
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- K-9 captures hidden suspect near Cottage Grove
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Search continues for missing Roseburg man
- Deputies arrest Florence shooting suspect
- Lane County deputies search for shooting suspect
- 2 arrested in Roseburg after fatal shooting in Salem