ROSEBURG, Ore. – A Roseburg man was arrested Monday evening after a two-week standoff with law enforcement.
Officials said on March 4, the Douglas County Circuit Court issued a court order, which mandated 42-year-old Stephen Cain to turn over custody of his 3-year-old daughter to law enforcement.
They said Cain refused to comply and instead barricaded himself inside his home in Roseburg and held his daughter captive.
Officials said since then, negotiators were on scene and continued to speak with Cain until they reached a peaceful resolution.
Cain is being held at the Douglas County Jail and is facing charges of custodial interference and obstructing governmental or judicial administration.
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Neighbors react to 2-week standoff in Roseburg
- Roseburg man arrested after stolen car recovered
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Tacoma man arrested in Roseburg for theft from vehicles
- Man arrested on drug charges after traffic stop in Roseburg
- Standoff in Florence leads to one man's arrest