Photo Gallery 3 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- An overnight fire in Roseburg has firefighters reminding people to have their stoves, fireplaces, and chimneys inspected ahead of the winter season.
Fire crews said the fire broke out just after 2 a.m. on NE Sterling Drive and the residents were woken up by their carbon monoxide detector. Both people made it out safely.
They said one person was evaluated for inhalation but refused treatment.
Crews were able to quickly put out the fire. They said the fire caused about $20,000 in damages.
Firefighters said the fire started in the fireplace.
- Roseburg house fire started in fireplace
- Man accused of starting a fire in a Roseburg Safeway
- House fire in Roseburg leaves $80,000 in damages
- Cigarette to blame for fatal Roseburg house fire
- Officials: Candle likely caused house fire in Roseburg
- Cigarette sparks house fire in Roseburg, officials say
- Roseburg Fire Department temporarily relocating 2 stations
- Five survive a duplex fire in Roseburg
- Roseburg Fire Station on Harvard relocates temporarily
- 76-year-old Roseburg woman killed in fire