Roseburg house fire started in fireplace

Two people safely escaped after their home caught fire, according to officials.

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 1:16 PM

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- An overnight fire in Roseburg has firefighters reminding people to have their stoves, fireplaces, and chimneys inspected ahead of the winter season.

Fire crews said the fire broke out just after 2 a.m. on NE Sterling Drive and the residents were woken up by their carbon monoxide detector. Both people made it out safely.

They said one person was evaluated for inhalation but refused treatment.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire. They said the fire caused about $20,000 in damages.

Firefighters said the fire started in the fireplace.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 12170

Reported Deaths: 234
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah288872
Marion185953
Washington184721
Umatilla10137
Clackamas98727
Malheur3732
Union3692
Lincoln3615
Lane3053
Deschutes2680
Yamhill1989
Linn18110
Jackson1790
Polk17712
Jefferson1680
Morrow1451
Klamath1371
Wasco1171
Benton1146
Hood River1050
Douglas640
Josephine571
Clatsop550
Coos530
Columbia480
Lake240
Crook181
Tillamook160
Wallowa140
Baker120
Curry90
Sherman50
Harney20
Gilliam10
Grant10
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Clear
78° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 79°
Corvallis
Clear
78° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 78°
Roseburg
Clear
80° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 80°
North Bend
Clear
66° wxIcon
Hi: 65° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 66°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events