Photo Gallery 2 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. - Sherm's Thunderbird in Roseburg made a donation of nearly 30,000 pounds of food to the UCAN Food Bank.
Staff with the food bank said this is an annual donation since 2006.
They said a huge donation like this is both incredible and necessary for getting them through the summer months. They said they get most of their donations during the holidays, and it's harder to keep the food bank full throughout the rest of the year.
”The food drive goes down, but the need isn’t really seasonal. Like we have a high amount of people that are accessing the emergency food network every month. Over 20,000 people get emergency food every month in Douglas County," said Sarah McGregor, the program manager for the UCAN Food Bank.
McGregor said she's thankful for Sherms Thunderbird's generosity, and she looks forward to continuing to work with them in the future.
- Roseburg grocery store makes huge donation to UCAN Food Bank
- Mercy Foundation, UCAN to start mobile food pantry
- 'Huge amount' of meth, heroin found at Roseburg home
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- Grocery store workers' union, employers battle over higher wages
- Roseburg Food Project in need of donors and neighborhood coordinators
- Roseburg firefighter urges blood donations after seeing need firsthand
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Roseburg school bus makes U-turn on freeway on-ramp