ROSEBURG, OR. -- A Roseburg company recently received a grant from Douglas County to help with their expansion and create new jobs.
The Douglas County Industrial Development Board awarded North River a $100,000 grant.
Jay Cohn, North River's Production General Manager, said the money will help with their $2.5 million expansion.
They will be adding a second production building to keep up with manufacturing demands, and create a training center for the 20 new employees they plan to add to their workforce over the next two years.
"Over the eighteen months, we will hire an additional twenty new-hires and get them through the facilities," said Cohn. "Over a period of time, over the next five to eight years, we'll hire more than that, but this initial one is for twenty new-hires."
Cohn says construction should begin in June, and they hope to be finished with the new building in November.
North River will also be renovating some of its current buildings, and anticipate having everything completed by the end of the year.
- Roseburg company North River to expand
- Ride sharing companies coming to Roseburg
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Roseburg plans road construction projects
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Human remains found in Roseburg
- Roseburg Goodwill holds job fair
- Roseburg VA using alternative therapies