ROSEBURG, Ore. – An attack on the computer system in the Roseburg School District has left them without email or a website.
The district is working to get it back up and running with as little disruption as possible. The website was still down as of Monday evening.
School officials said they realized Monday morning their computer system was infected by a computer ransomware attack. It also froze access to their business and accounting software.
The district isn’t releasing specific details about the demands of the ransomware.
They don’t believe the personal information of students or staff was stolen.
- Roseburg School District hit with ransomware attack
- Local technology experts offer advice after Roseburg School District ransomware attack
- Roseburg school district looks for input on school boundary changes
- Roseburg School District helps students grieve after a tragic homicide
- Two issues arise in Roseburg School District within last year
- Roseburg School District selects finalists in superintendent search
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- Horse hit by vehicle in Roseburg
- Roseburg residents asked for input on historic district development
- Turf work delayed at Roseburg High School