ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The search for a new superintendent is drawing to a close in the Roseburg School District.
From the 22 applicants for the job, the district has selected three finalists: Charan Cline, Jared Cordon and Josh Middleton.
The Roseburg School District began their search after parting ways with former Superintendent Gerry Washburn in September of last year.
The school board and a screening committee of district staff and community members looked at all the applications and came up with the finalists.
Charan Cline has been the superintendent in the Yamhill Carlton School District since 2012.
In his career, he's had several jobs in Douglas County, including as superintendent for two small rural school districts over a two-year period.
He was also director of student achievement for the Douglas Education Service District for four years.
The second candidate is Jared Cordon.
Cordon has been an administrator in the Beaverton School District since 2016.
Before that, he was an elementary school principal at two schools in Beaverton and a high school vice principal for three years.
The final candidate is Josh Middleton.
Middleton has been the superintendent for the Middleton School District in Middleton, Idaho, since 2016.
Prior to becoming superintendent, he was the assistant superintendent in the Billings School District for three years and was superintendent for Laurel Public Schools in Laurel, Montana, for eight years.
The public will have an opportunity to meet these finalists when they visit Roseburg on April 4, but times for that meeting have not yet been announced. The person that is selected will start as the next superintendent on July 1 of this year.
- Roseburg School District selects finalists in superintendent search
- Springfield School District superintendent leaving
- Roseburg School District hit with ransomware attack
- Roseburg school district looks for input on school boundary changes
- Roseburg School District helps students grieve after a tragic homicide
- Two issues arise in Roseburg School District within last year
- Roseburg superintendent put on leave, expected to be fired
- Former Roseburg superintendent to get $150,000 after his firing
- Search continues for missing Roseburg man
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search